Saturday, May 06, 2006

last couple of weeks



The last few weeks in review!

Things have not been easy, yet they have not been hard. 2 weeks ago, I met with the Board of Directors for New Direction and will be stepping into a ministry role come this summer. Some people have asked if this will be something that I will do for the rest of my life. The Lord knows the plans he has for me. I take steps in the direction that I know he is calling me to. I was affirmed by the board and felt peace with joining the staff there. It is a work that I feel strong about. It is cutting edge and not politically correct...but God honoring and truthful. Feeling like this is it. That finally, I have peace in what I am doing...a good thing.

I entered into the SALT program, which deals with people struggling with sexual addiction. Okay...we have had 2 meetings...and yep, God is still pouring out his understanding and love. I feel encouraged and blessed by those I meet. The material and the understanding of this issue is huge. It is a continuation of Living Waters.

My youngest brother stayed with me a couple of days while his new apartment was getting ready and then Paul and I helped him clean it and ya, things are going nicely for him. He is working his first shift as a grip (movie biz) and I am so excited for him. I have been praying for him for a long time....keep moving...keeping listening.

I totally forgot everything last week...housegroup meeting...men's breakfast...but this week housegroup was canceled and men's breakfast...I continue to feel accepted and wonderful being there.

There are times, when I sit and be still and feel the weight of the world trying to crush me, but I am not defined by the worlds standards. I follow a God who directs my path, who gives me strength when I am weak and who loves me...loves me...loves me. He calls me to a higher standard.

This weekend...laundry and setting up the basement, cleaning and maybe putting in a few plants...and rest! Sunday, I am going with Tye to speak at a church. I get to say a few words.

Well, right now that has been the last couple of weeks..I am exhausted, and so the cats call...bed!

2 comments:

RottenRobbie said...

Don't forget to stop and smell the roses, oh burner of the midnight oil:). Sounds like things are really ramping up. Hang in there...

RottenRobbie said...

Ya Ken...ya gotta act NOW!!! Who is this guy anyway????