Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Growing in Him



By His divine power, God has given me everything I need for living a godly life. I have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called me to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his glory and excellence, he has given me great and precious promises. These are the promised that enables me to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires.
In view of all this, I make every effort to respond to God's promises. I supplement my faith with a generous provision of moral excellence and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. The more I grow like this, the more productive and useful I will be in my knowledge of my Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop in this way are shortsighted or blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their old sins. So, I work hard to prove that I am really among those God has called and chosen. I will do these things, and I will never fall away. God will give me a grand entrance into the eternal Kingdom of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:3-11 (personalized)

So I grow in Him, I accept that call on my life. To watch how I live...where I place my desires. Tonight at Living Waters, the teaching was on Temptation and 2 Peter summed that up nicely. I will never be free from temptation or struggle...and I walk in humility and in the authority that God has given me. It is what I do with that temptation and struggle. Do I allow it in to mess me up...or do I acknowledge it for what it is and submit to God...allowing His strength to take over.

Move in Lord...move in. I was overwelmed by his love and provision this week. I have been asking for God to reveal his provision...so I can testify on how he provides and I had an answer this week. Wow, God, you are amazing. When I least expected it! I just sat in awe and praised him. It strengthens my faith.
So this week, I continue to pray...God expand my heart...expand this heart thing you are doing...so I know how wide, deep, high...is your love for me.

I was talking and just thought...God...when did this happen? When did the walls fall? When did this thing in my heart start happening? It is an answer to my hearts cry.

So March 13th it will be a year since God took over...when he called me in the wilderness and told me He would be with me...He would guide and protect me. It was that day when I submitted in the wilderness...and the tremendous joy I felt. It has been up and down...but looking back...wow, God, you poured our your grace and mercy. You showered me with you love. You are restoring the years the locusts have eaten and I am totally excited with this adventure. I know the importance of accountability, the importance of community, of men sharpening iron together. I know the importance of being transparent. I told my group leaders how I went to a Superbowl party...and okay...that is something I would never had done...but I feel it is time I do things I normally would not do. I had a blast at the party. I actually loved the football game. Now hockey...that is another thing, but never say never. It is doing the opposite of what your flesh would want me to do. So I step out in faith as a man of God. As a man of valor. As a compassionate and caring man. Continuing to cry out to God for more. Come Lord Jesus Come.
So I am growing...if you have the image of a toddler who has just started walking and the joy in their face...that is my face right now.
Thanks for those you are praying for me...Bless you!

No comments: