Sunday, April 09, 2006

This is a note from my friend Paula...after a trip up to my dad and his wife's cabin. I asked her if I could put it on my blog and she agreed. So read and enjoy. She is a gifted writer and I keep telling her to start blogging...maybe one day! Maybe some of her writing will find it's way on here.
Enjoy...Kenn.


Note: Skinny Dip Lane is the name of a street at a place called... The Narrows.

A Journal Entry (entitled) 18 Skinny Dip Lane or What I Know For Sure

Dear God.

You are my Father. I can hardly believe that I am where I am, seated in the car of a friend, a friend sent by You Lord - to minister Your truth into my life.

Lord - as for where things are going; as for where I am headed; as for where You are taking me Jesus; I really don't know. What I know for sure, is that You are God.
What I know for sure, is that You are forgiving.
What I know for sure, is that You are lovely.
What I know for sure, is that You are holy.
What I know for sure, is that You are friend.
What I know for sure, is that You are faithful.
What I know for sure, is that You are Saviour.
What I know for sure, is that You are Redeemer.
What I know for sure, is that You are healer.
What I know for sure, is that You are life.
What I know for sure, is that I need You, always and for everything. Jesus I need You. I know (that)... for sure.

Driving from Winnipeg to The Narrows was beauitful. It felt like the beginning of a journey and I wasn't sure if this was the beginning or if I hadn't stopped to notice when it all started. What I do know, is that I'm on it and Lord, that You're in it.

I thought it bless-edly interesting that on our way here to The Narrows, Kenn headed for Stonewall. Ah, my Dad's old almamata. Or maybe, it' not so much my Dad's, as it is mine. In any case, we got back on route and the drive was God led. It's no surprise to me, we arrived safely. It's no surprise that (Your love) Lord, brought me out here, today, to new ground, to unfamiliar surroundings where I am not acquainted with the names of streets; the colour of cabins; the smell of forest; nor the markings of trees. What is familiar though, is (You) Lord and the beauty of Your presence...the life restoring power of Your presence. And as I raise my head from this page, I can see water from a distance. Yes, water moving it's way in between small cracks of thinning ice and snow mounds that insist on experiencing Spring. I love this time of year; maybe because it's my birth month and I'll soon be 40. Na...that's not the reason. What I love, is seeing blades of grass, making their way passed the surface of what looks like brown stubble. I am reminded that something not yet fully seen, filled with life, and potential often lays below the surface and that even blades of grass have to break through - a ceiling of tough ground to rise above the shock of exposure to "the sun."

Kenn's Dad and his wife are wonderful people Lord. Thanks. We had muffins, fruit, and coffee. Well, I had tea but I got to drink love. I got to sit at a table where everyone was real; where the only things decorated were the cutlery and plates. Everything else was in it's natural form; ...much of it still being worked on. I thought to myself... ah, a project in the making with renovations shouting out loud, "look at me, I'm in the process of becoming something new." That's me Lord. I'm in the process of becoming, (becoming someone new). And as I sit here in Kenn's car penning these words that I'm inspired to write down; (in the background) I'm hearing the sound of a saw cutting it's way through wood; while a son responds to his Father's request for assistance; a helping hand; someone to join him in the labour of love; someone to help him get the job done; ... the remodelling of this cabin; the extending of walls; the re-building of rooms. It's why this place feels like a home.

Lord, today as Kenn and I drove out, so much was shared; spoken and unspoken. (You) ministered Lord. I knew, it was You. And here I am at a place called, The Narrows, where I am surrounded by water. Lord, as for where things are going, as for where I am headed; as for where You are taking me, Jesus; I really don't know. What I know for sure, is that You are God..... Amen.

An immediate after thought:

To skinny dip means to be fully submerged, immersed or swimming in water, while naked and without clothes. Thank YOU LORD, for that reminder. Ah, Lord, ... that just sparked another title idea for another story: When The Covering Is You. ....Your daughter, Paula.

No comments: