Saturday, July 16, 2005

Day #2 July 16th, 2005

Oh Lord almighty, God of Israel, you have revealed this to your servant, saying, I will build a house for you. So your servant has found courage to offer you this prayer. O Sovereign Lord, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant. Now be pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight; for you, O Sovereign Lord, have spoken, and with you blessings, the house of your servant will be blessed forever."

this comes from 2 Samuel 7:27 . This is the cry of the heart of David, after his prayer, after his time sitting with god.

God you love me and have called me by name. In my failings I have hurt you and caused your heart to weep...not in judgement but in love. You never wanted me to be so hurt and you felt that pain and you felt my sorrow. You shed tears of sorrow on my behalf. As I enter this week of Exodus my desire is to fall deeper in love with you. As deep calls to deep that is my hears desire. To long after you, much like like a deer pants for water, my soul pants for your renewal, for your peace, love and joy.

Be my strong tower, be my strength. Let me not forget that I can do nothing apart from you.

No comments: